All Saints’ Cathedral Kampala (ASCK) is the city Parish of Kampala Diocese and is the seat of the Bishop of the Diocese of Kampala who is also the Archbishop of the Province of the Church of Uganda. The parish was founded in 1912 as a chaplaincy of a European colonial hospital and has grown and attained the status of Cathedral for the Archbishop of Church of Uganda.
The Cathedral is governed by the Canons of Church of Uganda and the ASCK Policies. The Cathedral is managed by the Provost who is assisted by a team of clergy and non-ordained staff. Members of the Cathedral parish participate in various ministries and fellowships in addition to the worship services.
A model Church in Christ centered ministry
To demonstrate the power of the gospel in transforming lives through preaching, teaching, prayer & compassion
All Saints’ Cathedral Kampala (ASCK) is a constituent parish of the Diocese of Kampala. The Diocese of Kampala is one of the thirty-seven dioceses of the Province of the Church of Uganda (commonly referred to as Church of Uganda.) Church of Uganda is a member of the worldwide Anglican Communion.
ASCK is located on Plot 1/3 Lugard Road, Nakasero Hill in the heart of Kampala City. The Cathedral was founded in 1912 as a chaplaincy to a European colonial hospital in the neighbourhood. As a chaplaincy, it catered for a small congregation of colonial administrators, hospital staff, and patients. At independence in 1962, it changed status from a Chaplaincy to a Parish Church. The composition of the congregation changed from being exclusively European to include people of African and Asian origin. In 1972, the church was elevated to a Pro-Cathedral and later to a Cathedral for the Archbishop of the Church of Uganda. The Cathedral is currently the seat of the Bishop of Kampala who is also the Archbishop of the Church of Uganda.
At each of above transition stages, the house of worship was being extended to accommodate increasing numbers of congregants, the latest being in 1987.
In the 1990s, the Cathedral experienced a considerable growth in the size of its Sunday congregations. By the last quarter of 1998, all the members of the 9:15 a.m. service could no longer be seated in the sanctuary. Currently the overflow is accommodated in three tents every Sunday service. Between 1999 and 2002, the Cathedral acquired two (2) adjacent real estate properties located on Plots 2 and 6 Lugard Road.