PRAYING FOR FAMILIES AND THE FUTURE OF UGANDA
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, And all the families of the nations shall worship before You. For the Kingdom is the Lord’s, And He rules over the nations. Psalms 22:27-28.
50-DAY PRAYER AND FASTING SEASON: 19TH AUGUST – 7TH OCTOBER 2016.
On 8th October 2012, the eve of our nation’s Golden Jubilee, we covenanted our nation to God for His purposes in the next 50 years. Leading up to Independence Day annually, there will be a season of prayer focusing on God’s purposes for our land and seeking His face. The main focus of this year’s prayer and fasting and season is the family and its impact on our nation. We invite the Body of Christ to participate in this prayer season starting 19th August 2016, ending 7th October 2016.
The objectives for the 2016 Prayer Season are:
- To pray fir families and the future of Uganda (Psalms 22:27-28)
- To humble ourselves before God and seek His face as families.
- To pray that God will be greatly glorified in the families,tribes,cultures and social services of Uganda.
- To pray for the Body of Christ to rise to her calling in all the spheres of society.
Guidelines for the Prayer and Fasting:
- The recommended mode of fasting is taking one meek over a 24-hour period.
Water and light fluids are acceptable during the fasting period. We encourage drinking plenty of water.
- While we encourage believers to participate in all the 50 days, we recognize that many believers are not accustomed to this length of fast, so we suggest some variations for those who would like to take part in a shorter fast during the period. The fasting period is seven weeks. If one took a 24-hour fast on a different day of each of the seven weeks, they would cover all the themes in the prayer guide.
- Alternatively one could choose one week during the seven-week period to fast and pray over all the themes covered in the prayer guide.
- This period provides the opportunity for every believer to exercise themselves in the discipline of fasting and stretch themselves a little more than they are accustomed to.
- Personal, family, organizational, and local congregational matters regarding God’s plan for the future should be covered in addition to the daily and weekly themes.
- We encourage families to choose some days to fast together concerning family matters.