Praise the Lord Brethren! 27th August was evangelism Sunday at ASCK and we were blessed to have Mr. Sam Ewou who preached to the four  congregations on the Topic: “For I will restore thee” from biblical references of Jeremiah 30:12-17 & Mark 8: 22-25. In line with the Topic; he pointed out that the Topic of discussion was neither a proposal nor a suggestion but a promise from God: for God is not a man that He should lie. The Preacher highlighted the following aspects:
- For restoration to happen, there must be sincere repentance. God will not act on our own timetable; He will always bring reassurance basing on the promises he has given us;
- As we seek God, we have assurance to come in hope, faith and in the love of his Son Jesus Christ. He beseeched the congregations to be rooted in the word. [1 Corinth 13:13];
- He clarified that restoration is a promise; and has a process for it to occur. Restoration is an event and eventually becomes a testimony that leads to glorifying/ Praising God;
- The Congregations have to be rooted in the Biblical Hope [Romans 5: 1-5] which does not disappoint us because the love of God is shared in our lives;
- The Believers therefore should move in accordance with the promises of God because at the appointed time, He will surely respond;
- There is need of deliverance from the spirit of regret that brings forth questions like [Why Me, Why Now]. If Believers allow God to reign, He enables them to regroup so as He can take charge of the situation and eventually releases them to attain victory [Romans 8:28].
No matter the circumstance, Believers in Jesus Christ can only experience proper restoration when they have obtained complete restoration and rest in the Lord. The thing that sustains a Believer as you wait on God for total restoration is JOY [Habakkuk 3:16-18] regardless varying circumstances and the situations one passes through.
Guiding Questions and Prayer Items
- Allow some members to share their personal restoration experience in any given situation based on the promises of God/ God’s Word;
- Reflect on Paul and Silas‘s example [Acts 16:16-40]; what practical lessons do you draw from their restoration journey?
- In line with God’s promise in Jeremiah 29:10-14, prayerfully identify areas in your Life, Family, Church and Nation that need restoration and Seek for the LORD’s divine intervention.
Revd. Canon Erisa Grace Sentongo
[Priest in Charge: Home Cells and Pastoral Care]
Tel. Nos. +256 414 342128, +256 77 2503180/702 503180