Rev. Geoffrey Byarugaba
“How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” Romans 10:14-15
– true worship can only happen after true knowledge of God.
– faith in God can only come by hearing the word of God
– hearing implies that someone is speaking the message
– the people speaking the message have to be sent thru organisation
Qn: how did I come to hear the word of God?
– knowledge of God comes thru revelation. This knowledge is necessary for salvation.
– true knowledge of God stirs up true worship.
– pray for boldness to witness for Jesus
Qn: how many have I brought to Christ?
– i should prepare my life so that I’m consistent with wt I profess. This preparation is a lifetime preparation.
– I should be present. Be in contact with the people I intend to lead to Christ
– I should speak out
– I should persuade people that God’s way is the right way. This calls for skill, compulsion, preparation.
– I should ensure that the people led to Christ are preserved in growth in relationship with God.
– I need to evaluate my spiritual temperature. Are people at home saved?
– sometimes people are hostile towards God coz they have wrong knowledge about Christ.
– carry out spiritual mapping. This helps me to be a skillful worker.
– be faithful to the message. Be a good messager.
– the world is looking for authentic believers.
– I am encouraged to witness coz it the Lord’s command. Matthew 28:18-20