Dear Brethren in Christ!
Christian greetings to all of you,
The President of Uganda, announced the decision of the government to close down all public religious gatherings, including churches, for 30 days effective immediately. Also the Archbishop has sent out the guidelines on how the church will operate during this time.
I therefore call for this season to be a season of prayer and fasting for our people and our land. The book of Acts becomes handy in this situation; “the faithful gathered in their homes and prayed to God…” therefore in this time read the book of Acts and reflect on it.
In Psalm 62:6-7 the psalmist says; “truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God he is my mighty rock, my refuge”.
As a Cathedral,
- All church services; Sunday, Morning Glory, Mid-Week, Lunch hour and Overnights and all other fellowships are suspended with effect from today 19th March 2020 until further notice.
- Clergy will be scheduled to visit different cells on given meeting times. Cells with a membership above 10 people are to be split into two or more to fit the required standards communicated by His Excellency the President.
- Other small groups like bible study and stratified fellowships may continue in homes but must comply with the precautionary measures released by the Ministry of Health.
- The Cathedral will post sermons on all our social media platforms- All Saints’ Cathedral Kampala (website, Facebook, You Tube and other platforms) We encourage you to follow and share.
- The Cathedral Lunch Hour will continue to live stream Monday to Friday during this season from 1:00 to 2:00 pm.
- Sunday services are also to be live streamed on all our social media platforms from 10:00-11:00am.
- A prayer chain will be coordinated by Rev. Hillary Jaffu to ensure ongoing prayers through the season. He can be contacted on +256751446923.
- People with the sick, the bereaved and those in need of Holy Communion will receive the ministry under the precautionary measures as provided by the Ministry of Health. The Provost, 0772464391 and Assistant Provost 0704585758 can be contacted.
- Couples with weddings scheduled for this season are to be contacted by Rev. Captain David Serunjoji on the way forward.
- Offerings and tithing; you can send your gift through the following; Bank Accounts, Mobile money platforms, Accounts office, Cathedral Safe Box and also collections in different home cells. Cheques and bank transfers pay to; All Saints’ Cathedral- Stanbic Bank Account No. UGXA/C 9030005869489, US Dollar A/C:
- The mobile Money number will be communicated as soon as possible.
Remember to wash your hands with water and a soap or use recommended hand sanitizers. Anyone with coronavirus symptoms must seek medical attention or self- quarantine as advised by Ministry of Health. As noted by the Archbishop, don’t forget to sing about God’s faithfulness in your homes and communities. Because “the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3.21-23).Blessings in Christ!
The Very Rev. Canon Dr. Rebecca Nyegenye