“He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.” [Proverbs 21:21]
Rev. Dr. Sam Ruteikara an Associate Priest of ASCK preached to the  three congregations on the Topic: The Call to Righteous Living basing on Psalm 34:11-15 and Mathew 6:25-33. He pointed out that God has called people to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with Him; unfortunately Society today has reversed this trend and now witnessed by Vices which include: high mob justice in issues of land, witchcraft, theft, murder, corruption among others.
Righteousness therefore involves being right in Word, thought and in action as well as being right with God and His people [Luke 2:52]. It is an open invitation in relation to God and His people.
Rev. Dr. Sam Ruteikara pointed out that when you are living a righteous life your eternal life is guaranteed and he noted that:
• Acting against righteousness ended in man’s fall in Gen 3:1-6 illustrated by the blame game, the wrong actions and the wrong words used;
• Congregations therefore need to examine their way of living in relation to our God and people desisting from blaming and condemning others;
• Righteousness is personal and our own decision to choose not to do evil: it relates to thoughts, words and actions which determines our relationship with God and others. [James 4:17]. The good news is that you have the power to control anger by bearing self-control [Gal.5:23];
• The Preacher further cautioned the parishioners to desist from FEAR of failure and witchcraft. Christ has empowered Christians to overcome witchcraft and they are liberated as Believer(s) [Titus 2:11-12].
Rev. Dr. Sam Ruteikara raised five points to undertake through a journey of righteous living:
1. You Must receive Jesus Christ as well as believe in His name [John 1:12];
2. Receive God’s Salvation [2 Corinthians 5:21];
3. You must renew your relationship with God[ Isaiah 46:12-13];
4. You must have practical Faith that produces righteous actions; and
5. You must live in love and walk humbly with your God.
The Preacher noted that the call to righteousness is still open and even today people can respond to God’s invitation and receive salvation. “ It’s never late until it’s actually too late’, he concluded.
Guiding Questions and Prayer Items
1. As a Cell share the lessons drawn from the above Message?
2. Study Psalm 51:1-19: What does the Lord require of you? Spend time in individual Prayer Moment and seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness.